General Web Hosting FAQ
Here you will find answers to the common questions asked about our services.
Does For you uganda ltd have a "Control Panel" or some other utility to manage my website?
Can I add software to my account?
Can I monitor my disk space and bandwidth usage?
How much does additional bandwidth cost?
Can I upgrade my account if I need to?
How do I transfer files to my website?
Will I have unlimited access to update and make changes to my pages?
How long does it take to set up a new account?
Can I use my account for commercial purposes?
Can you host domain names other than .com .net .org .biz .info and .us?
What is For you uganda ltd’s DNS information?
Do you require "Forced Advertising" on my website?
Do you offer Windows based hosting?
How is billing handled?
I want to transfer my domain, what should I do?
How do I transfer my domain from my current registrar to you?
What happens to the time left on the registration of a domain before I transfer it to you?
What is EPP Code and where can I find it?
01. Does For you uganda ltd have a "Control Panel" to manage my website?
Yes, For you uganda ltd gives you a control panel that gives you access where you can manage your website anytime anywhere.
02. Can I add software to my account?
Yes. You have complete control over all aspects of your account, including the installation of software. If you install software not included in your hosting plan, we cannot guarantee its functionality and it will not be supported by our technical support staff. However, because we offer support for Perl, PHP, MySQL, and other programming languages, you have very few limitations when it comes to which software you can install. Finally, Crystal Webhosting is constantly adding new and exciting software applications that can be installed automatically through the control panel at any time using Softaculous application installer.
03. Can I monitor my disk space and bandwidth usage?
Yes, you may monitor disk space and bandwidth usage from within your cPanel.
04. How much does additional bandwidth cost?
For you uganda ltd offers unlimited bandwidth to all accounts.
05. Can I upgrade my account if I need to?
Yes. You can upgrade your account at anytime. You will pay the difference between your current account and your new account. There are no extra fees involved in upgrading.
06. How do I transfer files to my website?
Files must be transferred to the Web server via File Transport Protocol (FTP) or your account's Web-based File Manager. We also provide a Web-based File Manager to make it even easier for you to upload your files.
07. Will I have unlimited access to update and make changes to my pages?
You have unlimited access via FTP and the Web-based File Manager 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. As such, you can create and maintain your Web pages on your own computer and upload files to your website at your leisure.
08. How long does it take to set up a new account?
New accounts are guaranteed to be set up within 1 hour from the time we receive your order. Once an account is set up, you will be sent an e-mail including your account information. You can begin uploading files to your new website immediately.
09. Can I use my account for commercial purposes?
Yes, you can use your account to build and run your business, including e-commerce. The World Wide Web has become an efficient and cost-effective means of making information available to a wide user base, and we encourage our clients to use this flexible medium.
10. Can you host domain names other than .com .net .org .biz .info and .us?
For you uganda ltd can host almost any domain name. However, we only offer a limited assortment of domains that can be registered or transferred to us. For a list of these domains please visit our order form.
11. What is For you uganda ltd’s DNS information?
The following is For you uganda ltd’s DNS information. You can use this when registering a new domain name or modifying an existing domain name.
Primary Name Server: NS1.foryouuganda.com
Secondary Name Server: NS2.foryouuganda.com
12. Do you offer Windows based hosting?
Not at this time. For you uganda ltd currently runs on Linux based servers.
13. How is billing handled?
Depending on your choice, it can be annually, 2-year, or 3-year billing.
14. I want to transfer my domain, what should I do?
Before initiating the transfer of your domain name to our company, please make sure that:
The domain name to be transferred is not in 'locked' Status
You have access to the administrative contact email for the domain.
You can provide us with the domain EPP key code, applying to domains for which there is such a code. Please note that EPP codes are case sensitive.
There are more than 15 days until the domain name's expiration date.
The domain name was registered for the first time more than 60 days ago.
The domain name has extension that the Company is able to register.
15. How do I transfer my domain from my current registrar to you?
When you first choose to transfer a domain to For you uganda ltd, we do not automatically become your registrar. When you choose "transfer" during sign up, a Domain Transfer e-mail is sent to you with instructions on confirming and authorizing your domain name transfer.
If you do not have access to that e-mail, please contact email@example.com in order to initiate the registrar transfer. Before a registrar change can be made, the following MUST be true:
- The domain whose registrar is changing must have been active for at least 60 days. An expired domain or a new domain registered less than 60 days ago cannot be transferred to a new registrar. These are not Crystalwebhosting's policies; these are the policies of ICANN, the organization that oversees all domain name registrations.
- You must have access to the ADMIN email address listed in the domain's WHOIS entry. When a transfer of registrar is initiated, an email from the current registrar is sent to the admin email address to confirm that the owner of the domain accepts the registrar change.
- The domain CANNOT be in a LOCKED status. If it is, please contact the current registrar, have them unlock the domain, and then request a registrar transfer. If you have any further questions about the transferring of registrars, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. What happens to the time left on the registration of a domain before I transfer it to you?
If you have time left on your domain's registration and you choose to transfer the registrar to For you uganda ltd, your remaining time is added to the one year of registration that we provide. For example, assume your domain has 6 months left until it expires. You transfer the domain registrar to crystalwebhosting. At this point, you will have 1.5 years of time left until the domain registration expires.
17. What is EPP Code and where can I find it?
The EPP key (Authorization code) is one of the safeguards against unauthorized transfers of domain name registrations and it protects your rights as a domain owner. The EPP key is required when transferring .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info and .us domain names. It is not possible to initiate a domain name transfer for these domains without an EPP code.
If you are having issues with your host/registrar and you cannot obtain your EPP key, you may not be able to manage your domain and transfer it elsewhere. In such cases it may be best to use a new domain name for your website.
Your domain name should also meet all domain name transfer requirements before it can be transferred to For you uganda ltd.